10 Ways To Get The Most Out Of Twitter
2nd April, 2009
As a relative newbie to the world of tweeting there are few tips that I've picked up that I thought I should share. Old hands at Twitter will groan but if you are just getting started then this might be of some help:
- You can use it to inject some personality into your brand - remember people like dealing with people so act human and not like a corporate robot.
- Drive other Tweeps (people who use Twitter) to your website. Remember you only have 140 characters so use links to your website or blog so people can find out more.
- Promote offers but don't over do it. It is supposed to be a micro-blogging site not your own personal advertising service.
- Highlight any relevant industry news or research and link to your source. Tweeps will be more interested in what you have to say if you are knowledgeable.
- Don't just brag about your achievements (yawn) you will bore and lose your followers.
- Ask for customer's opinions, they may actually have something useful for you to consider.
- Network with other businesses, share best business practices and gain some positive corporate PR.
- Get involved with the other Tweeps. Don't just post tweet after tweet, join a conversation. It's good to talk.
- Do it right. There is not a lot of etiquette to learn but be polite and remember that the perception of your whole company could rest on your next tweet.
- Most importantly be genuine. Good content = more followers.
If you are not sure just ask someone most people are happy to help.